Applying for admission
Your application is considered complete when we have received your admission application and all required materials, listed below.
Meet Ohio State’s November 1 early action deadline (non-binding) to receive an admission decision by mid-January. If you apply after November 1, you’ll receive an admission decision by end of March. February 1 is the final date to submit your application.
- You must apply by November 1 if you wish to be considered for university merit scholarships.
- We highly recommend applying by November 1 if you wish to be considered for the Morrill Scholarship Program as well as Honors and Scholars Programs.
- We highly recommend applying by November 1 if you wish to be considered for majors within the College of Engineering. After Nov. 1, applications are considered on a space-available basis.
1. Common Application
2. $60 application fee (nonrefundable)
3. School forms
4. Official ACT or SAT scores with writing
- Official high school transcripts, including your senior year course schedule
- Optional: Recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- If you took college courses while in high school, you must submit official transcripts of your college course work.
- If you have completed any course work at a school outside of the United States, you must submit an official transcript from that institution. Any additional requirements will be posted to your Applicant Center, so be sure to check your application status regularly. Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, an authorized translator or a teacher of the language.
ACT code: 3312
SAT code: 1592
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Read important information about test scores.
- Applicants who will have been out of high school for two or more years by their term of enrollment are not required to submit scores.
English language requirements
If English is not your native language, you must submit one of the following scores:
TOEFL: 79 or higher on Internet-based, 550 or higher on paper-based
IELTS: 6.5 or higher
ACT: 21 or higher on the English section
SAT: 500 or higher on the Critical Reading section
Our mailing address
Get the mailing address for Undergraduate Admissions.